SideXSide Studios is seeking a talented and ambitious Designer/Animator who can grow with our small, but mighty team of creatives. The successful candidate will help bring our video projects to life with their inspired aesthetic and mastery of motion graphic animation, leading projects from conception to completion.
The Designer/Animator will report to the Creative Director, and will work across our commercial and original projects. This position is based out of our Takoma Park, MD office, however we’re willing to entertain a hybrid or remote work arrangement for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will also have basic video editing experience.
- Design and animate short video projects for clients
- Create engaging animated elements to help boost the narrative and aesthetic value of our original projects
- Maintain and evolve SideXSide’s brand assets
- Create pitch materials for original documentaries
- Stay current on the evolving technical landscape to ensure high-quality work and improve SideXSide’s creative approach
The successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A strong sense of editorial timing and direction
- A track record of telling compelling, emotional stories
- Expertise in the Adobe software ecosystem, including mastery of After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and other graphic design software
- Experience working directly with clients to better understand and interpret their vision, pitch design concepts, iterate on content, and deliver the final product
- Clear communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Creative Director to establish an original creative vision at the start of each project
Special consideration will be given to those who have:
- Experience with video editing, particularly in Premiere
- Experience in journalism or documentary filmmaking
COVID-19 vaccination is required of all employees and contractors.
Pay commensurate with experience.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching program
- Paid time off, company holidays, and comp days
- Phone and commuting benefits
- Year-end bonus
- Parental leave
SideXSide Studios believes that an inclusive and diverse work environment leads to a stronger team, a more innovative and resilient company, and better films. We encourage all to apply.
SideXSide Studios is a film and creative video production company that makes original and commissioned content that uplifts, inspires and gives human context to the most important issues of our time.
Founded and led by award-winning journalists, our roots grew out of the top newsrooms in America. That story-finding, human-connecting, make-it-happen-any-way-you-can reporter’s tenacity is our backbone. But we needed to stretch our creative legs and find new ways to tell stories – tell them deeper, tell them bolder, and with a clear perspective.
We care deeply about creating strong and trusting relationships – with each other, with our partners, and with our subjects. It’s so central to our identity, it’s in our name.
We believe in keeping this great world spinning forward. SideXSide is a woman-owned small business committed to promoting and fostering gender equality and diversity in film and media.
How to apply
Apply by January 9, 2023. Expected start date on or before February 1, 2023
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, link to portfolio, and a paragraph on why you’re interested in working with us. Please indicate the job title in your subject line.